The Candidate shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Class XII) of Board of Higher Secondary Examination. Govt. of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as subjects or any other examinations
accepted as equivalent there to by the Cochin University of Science and Technology(CUSAT).
The Candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% marks for Mathematics as well as for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
In the case of candidates belonging to socially and educationally backward classes (referred to in G.O (P)208/66/Edn. Dated 2.5.1966, as amended from time to time) the minimum marks requirements are 45% for mathematics
and 45% for mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
In the case of SC/ST students only a pass in the Higher Secondary examination (Class XII) with the above subjects.
The candidates shall also satisfy the conditions regarding physical fitness as may be prescribed by the University.
B.Tech SELECTION PROCESS
Selection is made as per the rank obtained by eligible candidates in the state-level Common Entrance Exam conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala State.60% of the seats in the Colleges
under CAPE will be allotted by the CEE as per the reservation policy of the Government. So also, 35% of seats under Management quota under these institutions are also allotted by the CEE on merit basis and 5% N.R.I seat filled by CAPE on
the basis of rank.
Admission to lateral Entry Seats Will Be based on the rank in the Lateral Entry Test conducted by Directorate of Technical Education. 5% N.R.I seat filled by CAPE on the basis of rank.
The candidates shall be Indian.First class(60% marks) or Percentage equivalent of GPA in BE/B.Tech in any discipline from an AICTE approved/Deemed University in India.
For SC/ST candidates , a pass in the Qualifying Degree Examination is sufficcient.
For SEBC(OBC)students , a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree Examination is mandatory.
Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination and satisfying the following condition are eligible.
- They must have valisd Gate Score.
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination
Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply provided he/she passed all the subjects up to and including 6'th sem Exam(8'th sem for B.Arch students). Conbfirmation of admission of
such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree satisfying clausesV(a) to (d) as applicable on or before the date stipulated by the affiliated University.
Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of Sponsored Candidates.
In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will also be considered against such vacancies. If seats still remaining vacant, candidate from other states
will be considered for admission.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those who are included in the rank list published by the DTE for M Tech admission 2012. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of sponsored candidates.
- In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates from DTE rank list, candidates with valid GATE score will be considered. Even if seats are still remaining vacant, candidates without valid gate score will be considered for admission
against such vacancies.
- For sponsored candidates, minimum of 2 years experience is required after acquiring a qualifying degree in a job where the minimum eligibility is the qualifying degree.
- Sponsored candidates must have been in regular employment on Time Scale/ Pay Band with their sponsor for at least two years.
DIVISION OF SEATS AND MODE OF SELECTION
- Approved annual intake: 18 seats
- 75% seats (14 Nos of seats) of the approved intake of the M Tech Programme will be filled up from open merit by observing the reservation policies of Government / University.
- 25% seats (4 Nos of seats) are reserved for eligible candidates from Educational / Research Institutions approved by AICTE/UGC/Govt/Universities under Sponsored Category out of which two seats are reserved for eligible candidates from CAPE.
Such candidates will be admitted as per relevant government orders. Candidates sponsored by CAPE will be admitted based on seniority subject to university norms. Sponsored candidates are not eligible for any kind of stipend.
- Unavailed seats if any under reservation/sponsored quota will be filled up from open merit.